Saturday 12 September 2009

Got transport now..

I just now got back from picking up my Sportster from Tierrasanta, north San Diego city. I quite enjoyed my first taste of riding a motorcycle in America actually, which is just as well, I suppose.. I haven't got a good helmet yet so that's first on the list, plus I knew when I viewed this bike it was due a new rear boot pretty soon. So despite my eyes streaming a bit on the freeway due to no visor or goggles, the bike going pfut, pfut, lean due to low fuel RIGHT in the middle of the largest merging section on the 5 (found reserve easy, though) - everything went pretty nicely. The bike is a doddle to ride despite having forward controls, which take a bit of adjusting to. It's a modern bike basically so it should be easy! I must be getting old because I actually enjoyed having proper rear view mirrors.. Ha! It has Vance & Hines shorty pipes fitted and I actually had a ringing in my ears after the 45 mile hop. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment